Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Oct 30, 2020

The second in a series of cinematic horror adventure games follows a group of college students stranded in a New England ghost town infamous for its witch hunts.

The Dark Pictures Anthology - Little Hope

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I was in a bit of a gaming slump when many fo the The Dark Pictures Anthology games were coming out between 2019 and 2022. Its a shame because while not as large and as well crafted as Until Dawn, these games have been really fun to play! I am playing through them all right now. In no way perfect games, but a whole lot of fun.

Little Hope has an interesting story to tell, its a return to a bit of horror that made Until Dawn fun too. I do like the way Supermassive Games constructed this story a bit better than ist sister gameHouse of Ashes. Both games are good, but Little Hope has an intersting underlying permeise I liked more. Little Hope is all about, what is real, what is true, and what baggage people drag around - it is well told. It doesn't hurt that it is set in New England that is my own backyard.

The execution of these games are perfect, but the structure of the stories are different from each other and what the game has the player do is alway a bit interesting in a new way each time. Little Hope in particular is 'haunting' to play; I found the game both scary and cathartic. It certainly stafied an ich for a ghost story.

Evidently Supermassive uses a lot of teh same voice and motion capture actors, a very neat easter-egg chase for players to look for the actors morphing form games to gamingto new roles. However they always have a low-A to High-B list actor for lead the chast; in the came of Little Hope it is the excellent Will Poulter. For people in teh UK they might know him from the TV-show School of Comedy (2009) or teh movies Midsommar (2018); in teh US you saw him as a teen in "We're the Millers" (2013) or letley in "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3" (2023). A young actors who has better acting chops than most - JMO.

In my opinion the The Dark Pictures Anthology : Season One PS4 & PS5 is a good deal. You gte teh four games and their compaion 'curators cuts' (directors cut) versions for $33 until May 9th. If you have PlayStation Plus you might have access to one r two of the 'main story' games with that subscription....hard to beat included content.

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By AV_Gamer

I played Little Hope thanks to PS Plus, which has all except the latest Dark Pictures game on it so far. Sadly, I was a victim of the game breaking bug, where the game crashed near the end of the story, and the save file became corrupt beyond repair. It wasn't until I tried searching for a solution, that I found out it's a widespread problem the developers never fixed. Too bad, because I was enjoying myself with its story, and I've never played another Dark Pictures game since. Had to watch YouTube videos to see the endings.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.